Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1968 GTO I bought from the grandson of the original owner w/48K miles. Entirely original drive train. Have all the PHS paperwork and a copy of the original title and all subsequent titles with verified mileage. All the head, block, intake, exhaust manifold casting #'s are correct; dates, YS, etc. Still have the original Quadrajet carb. I know the motor to be original as it was a one owner/family car for 48 years. Question is that the numbers stamped on the front of the block read 28B11 and that's all. I know the 2 stands for "242" - GTO, the 8 stands for 68, the B stands for the Baltimore assembly plant, the 11 is the first two numbers of the 6 digit VIN. There are no other numbers after that. Were the guys on the assembly line just lazy or falling behind? I had a 69 GTO years ago that had the same characteristic, also from the Baltimore assembly plant. Also the car never had a build sheet anywhere, under seats, carpet, inside door panels, etc. Anyone have a similar car with this anomaly? Thanks.....Ken

1 - 2 of 2 Posts