Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum, ..please look at picture of a 68 dash harness. What are the 2 circled lines for? I can t find them on my harness.
The fused line….is it the tachometer wire?

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
The socket is for the heater control lamp.
Tach wire uses a fuse like that, but its on the engine side and it's a stand alone harness.
If your thinking of buying this make sure you get the harness for a convertible. The one above doesn't have the terminals for the convertible switch/motor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The socket is for the heater control lamp.
Tach wire uses a fuse like that, but its on the engine side and it's a stand alone harness.
If your thinking of buying this make sure you get the harness for a convertible. The one above doesn't have the terminals for the convertible switch/motor.
Who makes a harness for a convertible? I have a wagon. It uses a similar circuit for a power rear window. I don't see listing at MH or AAW or Electric Limited

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Same basic harness for coupe or convertible. However, the vert has additional harnesses from the horn relay to the fuse box, (same as the wagon and power accessories) then to the switch, and on to the pump motor. Depending on if you have power windows and / or seat, the fuse box will have a circuit breaker or shorting bar. The clips I was referring to are the ones on the upper left of the fuse box for the shorting bar / circuit breaker. A coupe without power options will not have these clips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts