Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1968 GTO power to has no power at the fuse box for the circuit for the power top. Moving it one slot down top works fine. Where to begin to trace problem? Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
Should have a circuit breaker instead of a fuse at the top left for power. Have you tested it with an ohm-meter yet?
The circuit breaker gets its power from the horn relay just above the master cylinder.

fullsizeoutput_1baf.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that was the first thing I checked, it's good.Its a 40 amp. I was going to pull the fuse box off next, but thought maybe some advice might be good.

·
Registered
964 Posts
no power ??

fairly sure that power is brought into the backside of the fuse block via a 10" orange wire coming thru the firewall from the horn relay.. piggy backs off the big black wire with a split plug ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You were correct BLK69JUDGE, the orange wire was off, thanks again. Works fine now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes sorry I did not mention O52, Thank you also O52. This is the first time I used this site and I appreciate the quick responses. I have been on another Pontiac site and if your not part of the crowd you get ignored. Thank you both again.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Yes sorry I did not mention O52, Thank you also O52. This is the first time I used this site and I appreciate the quick responses. I have been on another Pontiac site and if your not part of the crowd you get ignored. Thank you both again.
You must be talking about the crowd at the PY Forums? LOL They are an exclusive group/clique of "know-it-alls" that hate it when you provide an answer that is the solution, then they post following yours with the same idea and then all the fellow chronies note their buddies post and it takes off from there. Most of them are old and retired and don't have much of a life other than hanging out at the PY Forum and going out for coffee. I enjoy reading the "rocket scientists" engineering ideas in trying to build a better mouse trap or design something they think is the hottest sh*t on a silver platter only to turn out to be a cold turd on a paper plate.

There is a forum censor Nazi called "Stuart" that removes your post if he does not like what you have said, especially if it is derogatory or negative to the fellow Elite. He has deleted a number of my post replies. LOL Sometimes I like to just rattle their cages as it is so easy to do.........and I enjoy it just to still up the Elite. I just gave my honest opinion of a 1972 GTO, which I think has a horrible nose design, and you get clowns that say it is one of their favorite and I am not contributing to the discussion with my opinions. LOL Poor baby got his feeling hurt and I suppose I now have to live with it and hope he forgives me, or his mother wipes his tears and gives him a cookie.

Now there are a few good members who are very helpful and reply in a manner to help or educate you, of course, but there is a clique group of arrogant friends that seem to control the board. I just laugh at their arrogance and many don't work on their cars, they just have the big dollars to buy high dollar cars or pay others to build their cars and flaunt it as if they know how to do it, or did it. Then there are those outside the US telling you that you are wrong like they have lived in the US all their lives and owned hundreds of GTO's.

I find the PY Forums both amusing and at times informative. You just can't take it personal because there are ignorant/arogant people all over the country and the PY Forum has collected their share. I feel that on this Forum that many of us try to at least recognize you and respond to your question even if we cannot provide an answer. We can even get arrogant as well when you ask questions that have answers easily found in the Service Manual and you don't even own one. (y)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
My honest opinion is the '72 is pretty cool (used to own a '72 443 W-30) and I like the fender "air extractors" which are really distinctive. This came up in my area - pretty sweet!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Back around 85 or so, guy down the street had a 72 GTO post sedan for sale. Bench seat, auto on the column, dog dish hubcaps. No rust, no dents, California car. Wanted about $1500 for it. Money was tight in those days and I already had my 68. I knew if I bought it, I'd be living in it. Another lost opportunity. 😫

1 - 11 of 11 Posts