Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone's opinion about deviating from the OEM colors on an otherwise all original 400HO PHS certified car from Parchement to Black interior. I think the shiny pearl white interior is very dated. Exterior color is turquoise. Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Why are you working on the car? Is it a hobby/keeper or are you building to sell? How desirable of an original is it? Because if you have a lot filler, just do what you want. If its done right, it shouldn't affect the value.

·
Super Moderator
5,868 Posts
That's the real question: how concerned are you about maintaining resale value? (Are you ever going to sell it?) If you care about that, then original is almost always the best option. If not, then please yourself and don't look back.

It's your money :)

Bear

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
My 68 was a parchment interior. I changed it out for a black interior a few years back and have never regretted it for a moment. I don't think you will either. Matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you gentlemen for the input and taking the time to reply. I'm new to the forum so it takes a little navigating to understand the in and out of the site but its great info. My concern is Pontiac Historical Services sent me a stack of history including the factory build sheet ( 348 option WS stamped on the block) and apparently its 360hp 400HO. Obviously resale value is a priority if I ever sell it and the paperwork to boot for the purists is a plus...Dont want to devalue, but I've always had two weaknesses black interior and brunettes.;-)

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Tough decision... you should poll the brunettes to see what they like. You should follow Bear's counsel if your top priority is resale value. Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts