Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on restoring a 1968 GTO and had a couple questions I was hoping to ask.

When I purchased the car the grill was not on the car and was missing the trim and grill/hideaway screws. Do these screws need to be bought from a place like year one, or are they a normal type of bolt/screw?

The coils and shocks for my car need to be replaced. I would like to find something close to stock specs. Has anyone had any luck with using coil springs or shocks from a regular parts store? At some point I would like to put in a nice suspension setup, but for now I would like to just get the car setting in a proper stance.

Thank you guys.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The screws and clips are nothing special, if you know the size and shape, you can get them at a hardware store. Do yourself a favor and get a catalog from Ames Performance, Performance Years or The Parts Place to buy parts. Year One is way overpriced for the same exact part. BTW the screw and clip set for the headlight doors are only $4.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to locate most of the assembly hardware from the places you suggested.

Does anyone know the correct name for the clips that hold the front valance to the bottom mount/ bottom fenders? I cant seem to find them in any of the part catalogs and could be using the wrong name. Looks like 3 on each fender side and 6 across the middle.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was able to locate most of the assembly hardware from the places you suggested.

Does anyone know the correct name for the clips that hold the front valance to the bottom mount/ bottom fenders? I cant seem to find them in any of the part catalogs and could be using the wrong name. Looks like 3 on each fender side and 6 across the middle.
U nuts, at least that what I have always called them.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts