Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Can't see your photo since I don't have Facebook...

68 has two large rubber blocks that slide over the tail pan pinched just to the left and right of the license plate. Also two brackets with rubber pads at the far end. There bbn is some adjustment at those outer brackets

Not sure on spacing dimensions. Was about a finger width between body and bumper. Will try and find a pic.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the pic. Photobucket cut me off for linking pics awhile ago.

I have a about a finger's width of space. The rubber ender brackets on the ends are in place. The thick rubber snubbers are in about the right place. Mine are between the license plate and the tail lights.

I've looked at different pics. Some seem close to the trunk lid,, others are like mine.

·
Registered
602 Posts
There are little rectangular pads on each of the rear bumper brackets that contact the bottom of the tail pan and that limits how far up the brackets can travel. I was able to get the chrome bumper to raise up a bit by loosening the nuts on the carriage bolts and take up any slack available in the bracket. It wasn't much but it was some and that seemed to help. If I wanted more adjustment, then I would have to replace those rubber pads with something thinner. Luckily I didn't need to exercise that option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts