Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Here is the code off of that rear end some of you guys were unsure of.

KD 0 or a 6 3362

What does the KD and the rest of the numbers mean? ANyone please he,lp me with this one. Tnanks.

Lukeduk1980:shutme

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I checked the code, definately a KD. The rear axle has so much rust on it and the they did not stamp these rear axles very well but I can confirm that it is a KD code. Unfortunately, I doubt this is a posi since the when I turn one wheel, the other does not turn.

The code is KD 0 or a 6, etc. etc. It is also a 12 bolt reart end. any advice???

Lucas:shutme

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow- So, my rearend came out opf a 1968-69 chevelle. Thats something new! Thank you very much my friend for the information!
Also, the code information was on the front passenger side of the axle. From the looks of your website, the codes for the chevelle are on the back. Am i seeing this right or no?

Also, can you or anyone else point me in the direction or website of what the rest of the numerical codes mean? Thanks

Lucas:shutme

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
The KD are for the 2.73 open(non-posi) axle. The next figure is probably an 0 to go with the 6. 06 is June. The 33 would be the day of the month but can't be, so you aren't seeing something clearly. Also the last 6 is probably a B to indicate which plant assembled it and the 2 indicates it was built on the second shift. Try using very fine sand paper and then a crayon to fill the stamps to read it better. Also, find the casting number in the lower corner of the center section. That will tell you what year it was for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts