Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to a gentleman at Coan Racing today about an 11 inch -2500 stall torque converter. They are currently out of this converter, but he mentioned that I would have to replace my flex plate/flywheel with one that had a torque converter bolt circle of 10.74 and bolt holes of 7/16 instead of 3/8. The only one I can locate that has that bolt circle is a Chevy flex plate that has 168 tooth ring gear made by B&M instead of a Pontiac 166 tooth. Coan does not sell them. Anyone have this same issue and where did you get a flex plate that fit? Thanks

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I talked to a gentleman at Coan Racing today about an 11 inch -2500 stall torque converter. They are currently out of this converter, but he mentioned that I would have to replace my flex plate/flywheel with one that had a torque converter bolt circle of 10.74 and bolt holes of 7/16 instead of 3/8. The only one I can locate that has that bolt circle is a Chevy flex plate that has 168 tooth ring gear made by B&M instead of a Pontiac 166 tooth. Coan does not sell them. Anyone have this same issue and where did you get a flex plate that fit? Thanks

Read this:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read this:

Thank you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, Jim. Only one problem that seems to be happening more and more with parts......everybody is out of stock. Summit, Autozone, Oreillys, you name it, I have called. There is a used/return one on ebay that is not in the greatest shape and I wouldn't put that on any of my cars.. That's it. Ah, yes, the world They have created. Can you say Cuba? Ah-so, we shall see.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
40 ships at anchor in Long Beach (CA) harbor waiting to be off loaded. Thats where your parts are at.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
40 ships at anchor in Long Beach (CA) harbor waiting to be off loaded. Thats where your parts are at.
Man, I hope so. Keep my fingers crossed. China has got me by the bawls. Thanks for the info. I either put a stock torque converter in it or keep the TCI 3800-4500 converter in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts