Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car over 12 years ago with the expectations of restoring it after knowing & researching the value, name, history and iconic respect the model has among collector cars. I The car sat in my garage since purchase, always kept indoor since I owned it. The previous owner had a few of these cars, he had plans on restoring this but hit financial hard times. There are no other parts for this car just what's seen here. I have some interior parts for another car thats currently stored inside the GTO. The GTO does not have an engine, trans. I was told it does have the original rear end axle. The previous owner was from Texas. The car seems like it was repainted once but the painter never took the doors off and painted the door jams. As you can see from the door jams, the original color is Lime / Lemon Green which was a rare color for the GTO's. I don't know if this car is a Judge or not, Can someone help me to figure out if its a Judge? Give me some things to look at in the VIN to decode?
Car is listed locally online on offer up for sale. For sale, make an offer.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are Turbo Buck Heads. Had to clean the garage so I store all the stuff in the GTO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where would the built date be on the car? The car is located in Orlando and I have to drive 3 hrs to where is located. Can I tell from the vin numbers from the title? I did take a picture of the vin plate on the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
take a picture of the Tag on the firewall drivers side. you will be able to decode it and get a lot of information such as trim package act..

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Where would the built date be on the car? The car is located in Orlando and I have to drive 3 hrs to where is located. Can I tell from the vin numbers from the title? I did take a picture of the vin plate on the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The color is Limelight Green Poly. I'm a little confused as you said the car is in your garage and you bought it 12 years ago, but it is 3-hours away?

Not much car left if that is what you have, plus a few other parts. To bring the car back as "original" in my opinion will be very $expensive and you may have more into it than it is worth UNLESS it was optioned with an engine like the Ram Air IV and 4-speed.

The trunk will have the Judge rear spoiler, and if the spoiler is missing, it will have the holes where it attached. The glove box door will have the "Judge" emblem on it, but it is missing in the photo. The hood would have had the Ram Air pan and holes where it bolted if you have a hood. There should also be a control/pull knob under the dash to operate the Ram Air system. Look for it or the holes where the bracket would have been. So it could have been parted out.

The best way to verify and document that it is a GTO with the "Judge" option will be to buy the PHS documents which will be the original order form for that car. In that way you can verify it as a Judge, know what engine/trans, and rear end it has/had, along with other options.

Picture enclosed is a 1969 Tempest/Judge Clone, but is the Limelight Green Poly. The first/early production Judges were the Orbit Orange and after that they could be ordered in any color.

The Data Tag on the cowl will help to decode the car. The VIN will also help to give clues. If you can take a photo of the Data Tag, and provide a partial VIN - leave off the last 8 numbers of the VIN - then this can be decoded. But this is not a replacement for the PHS documents and will not identify the car as a Judge as this was an ordered option.

1969 Tempest - Limelight Green Poly.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Jim, I hope all is well. Sorry it took so long to reply.
Attached is two pictures of the plate on the vehicle, Hopefully they can help to tell you something. I live in Palm Beach Florida, But I also own a house in Orlando (3hrs away) where the car has been stored for the past 12 years since I bought it. I did have plans to restore it but slowly my plans and my mind is telling me to part ways with the car as I really don't know much about these cars. I know more about the 1980's buick regals, Turbo Regals (see picture of my car that I recently restored) and Grand Nationals. I would much rather focus on the cars I know about. I have not contacted PHS as of yet. Another guy told me there never made Judges in '69, only in '68 but I did not believed him. Feel free to call me if you would like to discuss the car further 561-465-9412.
Thanks,

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts