Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a car from a dear friend who passed away earlier this year.
1969 Pontiac GTO 400 Automatic column shift, electric windows and door locks. A/C
The car is VERY clean and the interior is perfect.
I entered in Good Guys and received GTO pick on first entry.
I new the original owner since the car was new.
I'm trying to understand the value of a car this clean and totally unmolested.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Value is, in my opinion, higher than that of a restored car with its history 'erased'. All depends on condition. Sounds like a creampuff of a car. These cars rise in value mainly from performance options, however. A column-mounted automatic will never bring the coin a like-condition 4 speed car will with a higher HP engine. Still, it's not all about the money. It never has been about the money with me, personally. It's all about the driving and enjoyment of the car. Pictures?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I agree the ride is something special. So smooth and quiet. Like I mentioned, all stock. Even the exhaust so she's a sleeper for sure.
Attaching a couple pics. Thanks for the reply.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
A friend of mine said that he saw it that weekend you had it in Pleasanton, said it looked sweet. I'm no expert but low might be $35,000 to a high of $45,000 maybe more with the number of options. I looked around for 3 years to find a good boned 68 that needed a little work, but after I finished everything that I wanted to do on it I realized that it is just too much fun to get in and go, probably have my kids just bury me in it, haha. If you don't need the money, keep it and enjoy it, deals like that are few and far between!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts