Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to replace wheels/tires with 17". Recommended what maximum size front and rear tires and backspacing for wheels? Would like to maintain same tire height, rolling distance as original. All comments appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Want to replace wheels/tires with 17". Recommended what maximum size front and rear tires and backspacing for wheels? Would like to maintain same tire height, rolling distance as original. All comments appreciated. Thanks
Try doing a search using the Search engine in the upper right hand corner. Many wheel tire combos have been posted and you may find what you are looking for. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
17" tires and wheels for 69 GTO

Try doing a search using the Search engine in the upper right hand corner. Many wheel tire combos have been posted and you may find what you are looking for. :thumbsup:
I wasn't able to find the answer to my question, that is why I asked for help!

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
https://www.pro-touring.com/archive/index.php/t-47604.html

Looks like : 17x9.5-inch with 5-1/2-inch backspacing front, 17x11 with 5-1/2-inch backspacing rear. Use 275/40 front tires and 315/35 rear. This is tight in the rear. Of course every car is a little different, and brakes change things, so measure carefully!

That is some serious rubber!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,790 Posts
Be very careful. These things are working against you - factory "tolerances" during assembly, possible previous disassembly and/or collision damage, changes by a previous owner that you may be unaware of, sagging springs, etc. can all cause differences from one car to the next even of the same make, model, and year. What fits on my 69 may not fit on yours and vice versa.

The only way to know what will fit on your car is to measure your car.

This tool helps a lot. I bought one myself.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/php-01201

Bear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts