Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 69 judge convertible and would like to know the the correct head # for a automatic is it #16s or #48s? I also would like to know the first build date of a 69 judge convertible the car I have is a 3-69 build and I have not seen or heard of one with a earlier build date, Can anybody help? Thanks

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
First off there were only 29 judge convertibles built, so you have a really rare car to begin with. If you do not have PHS for it, you need to get it to verify it is truly a judge.
Secondly, automatic judge should have a YZ block code and with three head options: 16/62/48.
If I may ask, what did you pay for the car?

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Um, I thought it was 108 :confused.

Still mega rare and pricey. :cool

Hope you got the PHS as SANDUOO2 said above.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have one book that agrees right on with SANDU002 but then another book says 48 heads Ram Air 3 in 1969 was with the manual transmission.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Its the real deal, I have the PHS on the car. This is the first 69 judge that I have bought, much more familiar with 70 judges, its carousel red with black top and black guts. your both right 108 judge ragtops made and only 29 automatics, Its going to have a full frame off resto and should be done by July to make it to the POCI show. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Thanks, Its the real deal, I have the PHS on the car. This is the first 69 judge that I have bought, much more familiar with 70 judges, its carousel red with black top and black guts. your both right 108 judge ragtops made and only 29 automatics, Its going to have a full frame off resto and should be done by July to make it to the POCI show. Thanks again!
I will be attending the POCI/GTOAA this year. Look forward to seeing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts