Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got this car about two months/three months ago at a great price.
I decide it to make it my project over the winter since I already completed my 70 nova.
Here is the pic when car got dropped off.

Here is the pic after a decent wax and polish.

After looking at several times and even driving it thru jersey city I figure winter is the best time to deliver a very good creation.

So here we go.

I found some damage to interior floor under rear seats so I figure I order the floor panels meanwhile work on motor and exterior.

This is a pic of the block. It is a SBC 350 .060 over with dish pistons and stroked.

I figure leave it since I am shooting for pro-touring scheme. It has a comp cams 280H magnum hydraulic cam and lifters. I have the RPM Air Gap and waiting for RPM Aluminum Heads from Edelbrock.

So in the meantime I work on the body.

Dont I look good next to my wife?

Another look.

Lots of work on these metal bodies huh?

I just figure I post something else before I go to sleep.

And also door was completed to the metal and primed until new year.

I will back in a day or so. I have to celebrate my 40th Birthdate tonight and tomorrow. Lets go steelers

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a nice project. Now I just have to talk you into dumping that brand-x powerplant and putting some genuine Pontiac torque in it :D

Bear
I know trust me. My intention is not to keep the SBC but it came with the car and it is very modify so for know I will use it untill i can find a matching block or engine for it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I got this bad baby's today. Edelbrock RPM Heads

I will enjoy this motor for sure until I can get a matching number pontiac engine.

I am waiting on tubular control arms and frond end suspension kit so that I can install engine and start working on the back.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
One thing I really need help is deciding what to do with the front bench. I have a floor shifter but I still like the look of the bench rather than buckets. Any advice on what looks better?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry guys but I have being busy with my business. I just dont know how some guys keep up with replies and pics daily. I will be posting new pics over the weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts