Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any opinions on the rough (high and low) real world value of a 1970 GTO 455 4 spd numbers matching car - frame off restored with little miles- with air conditioning and build sheets and history. Probably a #2 car - not totally show. Car has 20 options including power seat, window, 8 track, power steering, power brakes, disc brakes. Also, what is the bump in price if the 455's have the air inlet (ram air equivelant) - no value guides address this as a value bump - but see some of those hitting $45,000 and up?? One for sale with the inlet system at Arizona classics for $79,000 - seem crazy high to me. Anyway - more interested in the NON inlet 455 values.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Love the 8 track option !! If you're in this for the money, I can't imagine a positive result... seems like I'm always SPENDING money on mine! Hope it works out for you though. Enjoy the journey.
:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wanted opinions - did not know what they are roughly worth these days. Not planning on making anything on it trust me!! Ya, love that sexy 8 track - chicks love it (OK the 70 year old hotties).

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
A/C car? What color combo originally. These all factor in. Ralley wheels or honeycombs?

The market seems much softer now, no telling about the future, what are your plans for it?

#2 car I'd just keep it clean and drive it to enjoy. '70 with your motor/tranny combo is certainly desirable and I bet it's a blast to drive. :cheers

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Anyone have any opinions on the rough (high and low) real world value of a 1970 GTO 455 4 spd numbers matching car - frame off restored with little miles- with air conditioning and build sheets and history. Probably a #2 car - not totally show. Car has 20 options including power seat, window, 8 track, power steering, power brakes, disc brakes. Also, what is the bump in price if the 455's have the air inlet (ram air equivelant) - no value guides address this as a value bump - but see some of those hitting $45,000 and up?? One for sale with the inlet system at Arizona classics for $79,000 - seem crazy high to me. Anyway - more interested in the NON inlet 455 values.
two things you could try...

past sale results at mecum
Completed listings on ebay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts