Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice. I have a 1970 GTO that leans to the left. I have brand new KYBs and new TRW Coils in the rear end. The front springs appear to be new and the front shocks appear to be in good erviceable conditon. I just compressed the left front spring and turned it into the proper seated position which helped a little. The left rear fender sits about an inch lower than the right rear fender and I am out of ideas. Anyone out there had a problem similar to this?

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Have you checked the condition of the body to frame bushings? the front upper and lower control arm bushings? the front sway bar and end links? Is the front right coil spring indexed properly? Make sure both of the snubber bushings are in place between the frame and front upper control arms. How about the rear insulators between the frame and the springs, are any of these missing? Check the frame where the rear springs are mounted, make sure the frame or spring brackets are not damaged or broken. Remove the rear springs and compare the height.

Hope this helps,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts