Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like a tow hitch for my '69 Skylark. I can get one from a 1970 GTO locally (local means Australia) Can anyone confirm if they will fit?
Thanks for all replies,

Chris

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think I have a 70 lemans hitch still

its the simple one

thru the floor pan and the center bumper bracket

just enuf for the yard trailer

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think the '68-'72 A-body frames are all close enuff so that one hitch should work on any of 'em. BUT, I suppose there could possibly be enuff difference in the bumpers to make a difference. Don't know.

If I really wanted a strong hitch on an A-body, I'd find a good welder who has made lots of hitches, and have him custom build me a good strong one, hooked to the frame and the bumper. Most good welders can make a hitch for most any vehicle.

https://www.uhaul.com/Trailer-Hitches/1970/Pontiac/GTO/Rear-Wheel-Drive/?ddl

Back in '69 I had a hitch put on my new '69 GTO. I pulled ski & bass boats with it, a lot. Never had any problems with it. But, I don't remember any details about it. That was back before the receiver type hitches were popular. Nowadays, I'd want the receiver type, so that I'd only have the ball in it when I was gonna pull something.

Below is the only pic I have of my '69 GTO hitch. My girlfriend(now wife) had her horse tied to it, getting ready to go on a short trail ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hello

here is a 70 -72 hitch ... I have stashed

off a gold 70 Lemans I parted in august 2016

Scott

I had 2 NOS with 1972 instruction ... one for a 68 Lemans ... Not 69 ..and fit 68 69 skylark too

and 1 for 68 camaro

both were exactly this style ,,, in new REESE hitch boxes...

they both sold for 250 ea on flea bay in a couple days ....

got pictures some where of the m tooooooo

Scott

the last 4 pictures were from yesterday
when I pulled it out of the 55 gallon drum of bumper brackets
open to an offer I guess

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts