Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI i have a tough one 1970 gto turn signals only work on right side of car. when left is on dont work but you can hear the new flasher going very fast.. but no signals or indicator light on dash i put in new turn signal switch new bulbs.. the strange thing is when i turn on parking lights they will work very fast and the reverse light also flashes along with with the dash lights the right side no problem i checked the grounds also any ideas at all...thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
HI i have a tough one 1970 gto turn signals only work on right side of car. when left is on dont work but you can hear the new flasher going very fast.. but no signals or indicator light on dash i put in new turn signal switch new bulbs.. the strange thing is when i turn on parking lights they will work very fast and the reverse light also flashes along with with the dash lights the right side no problem i checked the grounds also any ideas at all...thanks
:cool: Electrical issues can be a real Hillary Rodham and what you describe is almost always due to a bad ground. The turn signal system is a hot system so get out your electrical checker and start checking grounds (again). My advise is to recheck everything.
> Make sure you have the correct bulbs (BTW: LED bulbs require an LED flasher).
> Make sure you have the correct flasher.
> Make sure the connections are all clean (you can purchase dielectric grease at your local auto parts store to improve the connections).
Bulbs lighting when they're not supposed to (i.e. Your reverse light) is a clear indication of a bad ground. There are ground wires in the trunk area as well as the front bumper area. The first ground I like to check is the one in the trunk that attaches to the trunk latch support.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info i checked the grounds in the trunk all ok when you say the correct flasher i did not think there were choices i grabed the 2 prong flashers from napa are there different ones let me know please when the left blinker is on the flasher gets very very hot thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts