Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
My daughter likes the kitty. Heck, I like it too. Bet he set you back a few bucks. "Someday" I will get rid of my exhaust tick too........ Sounds great and looks good Judge. Truck is looking good too... I saw that "1" patch of snow....... Tomorrow I was thinking maybe going snowmobiling....:rolleyes:

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Umm, you have an exhaust leak :eek:.

Seriously though, incredibly beautiful Judge and sounds grrrreat. Love that Pontiac exhaust beat, would make a great ringtone for my phone. Duggaduggaduggaduggadugga.......:D

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes and it drives me NUTZ. Installed the premium Felpro gaskets when the engine was out. Cost factor at that time prevented me from installing the R/A manifolds so we checked the head and manifolds with a straight edge for warping at all looked fine. 2 months after they were in the leak began. The graphite was burned off and the mesh metal layer was exposed. Just put new steel OEM ones in and damn its still leaking. Checked the price of R/A manifolds now.... the price dropped jumped on a set.

They should be here from PY any time... then going in. The sound is magnified in the vid its not that loud in person. Put a towel up against the leak and it quiets right down.

Umm, you have an exhaust leak :eek:.

Seriously though, incredibly beautiful Judge and sounds grrrreat. Love that Pontiac exhaust beat, would make a great ringtone for my phone. Duggaduggaduggaduggadugga.......:D

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Very nice car! I use to have a '70 wish I would have kept it. Should have ended the video with a nice smokey burnout!

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
:cool Sounds Strong Judge.

On another note (pun intended) I really like the stripe and color combo on your car, it really looks outstanding. I never would have picked Silver as a color choice on a Judge until I saw your car, the stripes just really pop. I'm assuming that is the original color combo?

Also, I waited patiently till the end for that burnout :(. I'd at least like to hear it going through the gears :D.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Sounds and looks great! What kind of paint is that not burning off your heads?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Eastwood's High Temp Ceramic Engine paint. The paint is burned off on the heads though. One of these days I may paint them with manifold paint then top coat them with the ceramic paint. I drive mine a lot I no longer worry about touching them up.

:cool Sounds Strong Judge.

On another note (pun intended) I really like the stripe and color combo on your car, it really looks outstanding. I never would have picked Silver as a color choice on a Judge until I saw your car, the stripes just really pop. I'm assuming that is the original color combo?

Also, I waited patiently till the end for that burnout :(. I'd at least like to hear it going through the gears :D.
Yep, Palladium Silver is the correct color, the previous owner had the correct number matched. All striping is correct, all paint schemes correct.

I'd have to get someone to film me launching and power sifting it. TH400. Shifting at 5K the car will fishtail if not holding it tight. Love to have your film crew for this! :cheers

very nice...powerful...is the Judge done???...what's next???

Bill
Thats it.... unless repairs are needed. 4 years of this now that later is DUN. Restore the wheels would be the next I guess. Whomever removed the wheels in years past didn't use coated lug nut sockets and some paint chipping occurred. Still looking for over the counter paint to touch the nicks up.

These vids were my first attempt at videoing outdoors, the quality sux... I had the camera on SP mode instead of HQ and was shooting into the sun... I will retry yet again one of these days.

Thanks ALL!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts