Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is a good place to purchase replacement front fenders for a 1970 Lemans? I can find lots of GTO fenders, but havent found Lemans fenders.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Where is a good place to purchase replacement front fenders for a 1970 Lemans? I can find lots of GTO fenders, but havent found Lemans fenders.
If I recall correctly same same bro. The "replacement" sheet metal re-production stuff is one size fits all and you have to modify it slightly for use on the LeMans (The little vent holes need to be cut out and the vents installed.) Or you can always go the route of a parts car. (I have not heard great things about the fitment of the reproduction fenders.)

·
Registered
668 Posts
70 GTO fenders are different where the bumper and lower valence fit from 70-72 LeMans and 71-72 GTO fenders. Compare your fender to the 70 GTO and you will see the difference. You could source a fiberglass GTO bumper and keep your hood, then use those repop fenders.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Why aren't you close to Ohio? :lol:
I have a pair, one on the car and one off, that aren't perfect by any means, but I am putting on a fiberglass gto front end on and will be wanting to get rid of these-no storage room. I even have a decent header panel and front valance panel that I had bought before changing directions. The o nly thing I don't have is a Lemans hood, the car has a GTO one with lots of rust and a homemade :eek: hood tach
Russ

·
Registered
668 Posts
Well I will be near Detroit to pick up another 65, if you want to get rid of them I know a good home. :) Also I am a bit closer to Alberta if he would want them.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I actually bought it used. But it is a VFN Fiberglass one.
Got a killer deal, the guy was in Delaware but had a friend coming this way, so delivery was free. couldn't have done it if I had to pay shipping.
It already had some support framework done, but I think I am going to remove it and get the VFN installation kit. The way it is right now it isn't set up for tilting, just removing.
Russ

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Well I will be near Detroit to pick up another 65, if you want to get rid of them I know a good home. :) Also I am a bit closer to Alberta if he would want them.
Well, if you want to come to Warren Ohio let me know. :lol:
I don't have anyway to transport them.
Russ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts