Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hubby just purchased a 1970 Pontiac GTO numbers matching car, it is a white convertible. I have sent away for the info on it from Pontiac Historical Services. As far as I can tell it is a Ram Air 3. Does anyone know where the casting number is located on the head?? Will have many more questions to follow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nasty frame

Thank you, I will add some pics soon. I think its going to be a big project. Does anyone know if a 1968 conv frame would fit a 1970 conv?
Also, Need to find a good supplier of parts to say the least..ie body, interior, frame ect. Thanks again fella's :confused

·
Registered
659 Posts
For aftermarket parts, Ames Performance or Performance years are good, stay away from Year One, way overpriced, some people like OPGI, but I personally don't after being lied to repeatedly by a salesman. For parts not available in catalogs, search Hemmings motor news or varies GTO forums have part for sale sections, swap meets and of course E-bay. There is also Franks pontiac and Dales restoration shop, but I have never dealt with either of them, so I can't say if they are good or bad. All most forgot, if you need gauges or a hurst shifter repaired see Pete Serio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts