Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, in process of restoring 70 GTO convertible that I’ve owned for over 27 years. Want to add a rear spoiler, but the one I purchased from NPD (local here in Michigan) seems really cheap and flimsy. They claim it’s fiberglass, came from the Parts Place....... Ames switched to a plastic injected version. Anyone have a suggestion as to who might sell a better rear spoiler? Looked for an OE but can’t seem to find one and car will be getting paint in a few weeks. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
976 Posts
a few things come to mind....

is your trunk lid already drilled..... seems the spacing of the bolts is not the same between oem and some aftermarket ones

I have had a few 70 spoilers,, I have had the early wide stance spoiler,,,, I have had an NOS GM one and a few nice used

is your trunk lid punched on the underside or relieved where the spoiler holes are ??

the inner structure is predrilled w 1" hole b4 mated with the top sheet metal on most 70-72 trunk lids.... some are not ....

find an original spend the 750 get one that has real ruff seams on the bottom and a breather hole ....

a nice ones worth every penny ...

Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts