Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1972 Pontiac Luxury Lemans 455
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all the Pontiac enthusiasts. Thank you for accepting me. My question is. What would be the correct material and color of the trunk liner that would have come with the car? Your response would be greatly appreciated. Rob
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle Hood
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel Car seat cover
Vehicle Steering part Car Steering wheel Motor vehicle
Gauge Wood Circle Auto part Temperature

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Irmas72.

Nice car!

My suggestion would be to use Ames Performance Engineering as your guide.

View attachment 159793
Thank you.
Hi Irmas72.

Nice car!

My suggestion would be to use Ames Performance Engineering as your guide.

View attachment 159793
Thank you. My dad special ordered the car in early November 71, and picked it up 2nd week of December of 71. My question, because it was a late 71 production, would the green grey felt with the rubber backing be the correct way to go? Looks the the vinyl option came in late 72.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Great to hear that the car is in good hands and still in your family.

If you want to be OEM correct, I would use Ames part number K106J.
The car is on to the second generation. I grew up in this car and waited all my life. My dad is 85 years old and decided it was time to pass it on. As you can see by the photos, car is stock original, aside from a few minor things missing or misplaced over the years. Trunk matt for one, still have the original jack, and associated pieces. I think we're on the same page as to which trunk Matt to go with. I appreciate your advice and knowledge, and hopefully more insight in the future. Regards, Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts