Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this just searching around as I do from time to time. It is on Craigslist, under "All New York" cars for sale. 1978 Catalina having a TA 400CI engine as its Police Engine option. I know some guys go for restoring/showing the police cars as they are a unique brand and hard to find. If I didn't have all my projects.............So thought I would post this for a few of you. '78 Pontiac Catalina 4 dr exCop car w/Police Interceptor V8 - auto...

" I have for sale a teal color 1978 Pontiac Catalina which had been used by the police department. The drivetrain is unique in that it has the original 400 ci V8 engine, which is the same as the '78 high hp Trans AM engine. It has a rebuilt Turbo 350 transmission. It has a clean title.
Options include PS, PL, AC, disc brakes, positraction, and dual spotlights. It's been sitting for several years, and will need to work to make it roadworthy (fresh gas, brake fluid, etc). If you buy it, you'll need to tow it home.
First $1600 cash for this unique Catalina. Kindly leave a message on my home ph (see contact info) and I'll do my best to return your call within 24-48 hours as I work night shift."

1978 Catalina Cop Car.jpg
1978 Catalina Cop Car TA400.jpg
1978 Catalina Interior.jpg

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
That would be a unique project ,remember all the 77 LeMans police cars on Smokey and the Bandit

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be a unique project ,remember all the 77 LeMans police cars on Smokey and the Bandit
Yes, exactly, that was what I thought of as well. I like the "big" B-body cars and thought this would be a cool project, and make a good sleeper with a little tweaking on the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts