Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
I see you have an 06 GTO. The breakin is done at the factory. You have Mobil 1 which is a synthetic. Some folks get edgy and change it early, others wait until the light comes on. Take your pick. What do you feel comfortable with?

·
Registered
186 Posts
MAXAMOOSE said:
Changed Mine At 985 Miles. Just Being Cautious!
So did I last Friday.

Jim M.

·
Registered
456 Posts
800 / 2000 / 3000(3000 at dealer)

I also installed a magnetic oil plug at 800 (wish I did at 80) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I changed mine at 1000 miles and installed the 'vette magnetic drain plug. I have about 4000 miles now and in my last oil change (every 3000), I do find extremely fine particulate material attached to the drain plug. FWIW.

John.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I did 650/1000/1500 and installed the magnetic plug at 1000. Now I'll do them every 4-6k depending on driving and such. I'm not OCD about doing oil changes by any set mileage or anything like some, but I do believe in changing the original oil out of a new vehicle in the ~500 mile range- though, I honestly don't always do it. If it is a motor I rebuild- especially with a flat tappet cam, I always run it up to operating temp once, then change it- but that is another story..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.