Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well with the epic weather we had this weekend I decided to take the GTO up to my dads house in NH. About an 180 mile one way trip, no breakage, no hiccups no stutters ZERO problems. ran like a champ even through the sections of 10-15mph traffic for 10-20 miles through Boston and into NH (guess everyone went to see their dad this weekend) The car was very well received- he was very impressed but I could not get him to drive it, he kept saying he didn't want to be the one to put the first dent in it :lol:But he didnt mind being driven all around in it.. Ride back,again, ZERO issues, cruised at 80 mph @ 1700 rpm and got move waves and thumbs up than I could count.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
:cool Bet it felt good to get that first trip under your belt. How long did you hold your breath? I'm sure you have complete confidence in the Goat now.... So where's the next road trip going to be and how long?????

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sweet.... Glad it all went well. It's amazing how much "attention" these ole things get.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hired a professional:lol: waitformeperformance took care of redoing the wire harness and ecu eliminating systems that are not present in my car- abs sensors, fuel door ajar signal, air bags, low washer fluid, skip shift etc

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just the ecm and wire harness, the wire harness came back all ready to go,everything was labeled clearly and the harness looked factory. 98% of the wiring was perfect length and all I had to do was drape the harness over the motor and every wire fell into place. I had to run separate water temp sensor and wire, and oil pressure for my Autometer gauges since they could not read the GM signals. The speedo and tach ran off of the GM signals. Why all the questions Rukee?? thinking of a swap???:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Grats, Crusty! I can't wait to actually drive mine... 4 years and waiting... 2-3 months more? ugh!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts