Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, drove the "all done" GTO 450 mi each way to Walla Walla Wa for it's 1st run and show!!! With the new Tripower we got 16.5mpg on the freeways going 65-70mph @ 2000-2200RPM!! That's with the new RS 500 5 speed. A great tranny. The Delphi 12:1 steering box was a gem for driving, like a new car. There were close to 400 cars there and we cleaned up with:
1. Best of the 60's (about 50 cars in class)
2. Sponsorship award.
3. Long distance award (a magnum of limited edition wine!!

Sharon & I were absolutely thrilled. No issues at all with the GTO and we cant wait for a full season next year!! Thanx to all the great guys and info on this board.

L8TR Ric:party::party:

Attachments

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Excellent! I'm glad you're enjoying the pleasure of driving your GTO "over the open road". I don't show either of mine, but travel in them often--(especially the '67 with the highway friendly gears), and there's nothing like riding in style, comfort,and relative economy in a classic car. No reason NOT to take these cars on long enjoyable road trips. It's what it's all about, IMO. Way to go!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Your car looks nice.
Congrats on winning the trophies.
Five speed box makes for great highway cruising.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good job, the car looks great. Did you have to do any mods to get the RS 500 5 speed to fit?
Thanx Bat, The new Keisler tranny is great. The only mod is to move the crossmember about 3-4 inches to the rear. ( when you do that, you might have to re-do the exhaust, depending on how your set up is??) Zero tunnel mods and fits the console perfectly!!! It's quiet, shifts very smoothly and no missed shifts or searching for anything!!!

Thanx Ric:cheers

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Congrats...that's what I was thinking too....did you and the Mrs drink the Mag of grape juice on the way home????!!!!:party: E

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Grats! That is exciting! I hope to have my '66 done by Nov-Dec and join you in the circuit!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts