Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came up on it in the stop-n-go crush traffic of the Southbound I-5 at Santa Clarita...a burnt-orange metallic C6 with a wide, mean stance and incredibly wide tires...I knew way before seeing the badge it could only be a Z06.

I worked throught the holes in traffic and finally came along side, giving the driver a heartfelt thumbs-up. He waved back, a huge SEG all over his face.

Nice car. Coming from a company that still seems to think shoving a V-8 in a FWD car is a pretty good idea, It did my heart good to finally see GMNA build a car that needs no lame excuses, no caveats, no "Yeah, but" modifers.

Made my day.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Couldn't agree more, saw my first one on the street a week ago, to bad its owned by this rich ******* that I know. Still a beautiful car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Buddy of mine runs a dealership just down the street from my house and he let me take one for a spin:eek: they are lightning hit the interstate not really paying much attention and he had to tell me to slow it down b/c we going about 110 on a on ramp :willy: and it felt like 40:lol: Just wish I had the 75-80K their asking for the car. Could you image a twin turbo Z06 Vette or a S/C one:eek: that be like at least a 755 HP rocket:willy: hmmmm dreams seem to never com true.......

·
Registered
82 Posts
There's a guy who attends my school who owns a Black on Red Z06, I've never seen him in person though, just glimpses of him driving and parking in the lot.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Groucho, This is the first one you have seen in the wild. Wow. You drive like 250 miles a day, I'm just surprised that you haven't seen one yet. I live in a town with 20,000 people and I saw a Silver one pass through months ago before they were even for sale. It is a cool sight to see though. If I had the bucks I'd have one. They are saying that stock those things can run high 11's. WOW.

·
Registered
94 Posts
C5ORGTO said:
Groucho, This is the first one you have seen in the wild. Wow. You drive like 250 miles a day, I'm just surprised that you haven't seen one yet. I live in a town with 20,000 people and I saw a Silver one pass through months ago before they were even for sale. It is a cool sight to see though. If I had the bucks I'd have one. They are saying that stock those things can run high 11's. WOW.

A friends went 11.66 at 126 mph with 18 miles on it. Literally picked the car up and drove straight to the track. That was only his second pass too.

Jody

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
C5ORGTO said:
They are running mid 11's with no problem. Everyone that puts DR's on or slicks gets told they can't run unless they put a roll bar in. My guess is with slicks you have a high 10's car.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jacobyb said:
I see them all the time here. I have "raced" one already with my Goat. It had a car on me before I hit 4500rpm's in 1st. By the top of third it had about 4 cars on me.
Oh, dude.

I sooooooo dig your signature.

"NO OIL FOR PACIFISTS" indeed.

:cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.