Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took the car for a baseline run this weekend. Temp was around 77-80 degrees which was not good for anyone. The track was out of ice and I never got to cool the car down. I got two hot runs in which were not as good as I was hoping for, but not that bad considering the temp and the fact the car only had 700 miles on it. 1st run I had a 2.025 60 ft and pulled a 13.436 @ 104.167. 2nd run I had a 20.19 60 ft and pulled a 13.466 @ 104.166. I guess I was hoping for better, but everyone that went with us were down a few mph and not running there average times. I think if I could have got the car cool It would have dropped a tenth or two and mabey picked up some mph. I also launched the car at idle each time because I found this to always work good with my c5. I think with the right 60 ft on on a 50 degree day the car may be able to knock on a 13.00, but I don't know where GM came up with 109mph in there brocher because I just don't see that happening, atleast not from an auto. I'll try it again on a coller day with some more miles on the car and keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I think these cars really like the cool air. I was about 4mph and 6-7 tenths slower just going from 65 and low humidity to 80 and high humidity. My F-body was almost never different. I mean a good day was 13.0 and a bad day was 13.3 with 2 mph difference. Try a nice cool day and see what happens.

Good numbers for the conditions, 13.0 should be very easy to get. I have a m6 and I'm finding that I get 2.0x 60' and no wheel hop by leaving at 1500-2000 and not really jumping on it. Traction is the big issue, not hp. What type of tire pressure were you running?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts