Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealer called me this morning. Left a message on my VM that there is a new program on the GTO ... $2,000 rebate and 0.9% financing.
:party
Not sure if this is a dealer specific program, regional GM program, or national GM program. I received the call, because I had stopped in about 2 months ago to look at a GTO. They had a silver GTO in stock ... but, since I dislike most all silver or black cars ... I asked to be notified when they received a GTO other than silver or black (they are supposed to be getting a RED GTO in September ... as well as another silver, plus a black during July & August).

·
Registered
30 Posts
the financing is valid in my area, the rebate is only $750, and it looks like there are restrictions even with that :confused
I would think at the end of the year and the LS2 coming to market, it would be better than that...

I think one could buy an 04' Goat and with a sweet deal, take the savings and send the car and a bag of $$$ to Old Lyme & the Callaway folks for about the same as an 05 car and have performace to exceed the competition... :cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure of any specifics ... just took the information off of the phone. If there were any caveats ... I'm sure they would not have mentioned them at the time. There are so many variations (rebates / financing) offered by the General.

What state are you in ... where you verified the $750 rebate?

My PET PEEVE examples (not necessarily in effect now):
- $750 cash for ACTIVE Military
- $1,000 cash for GM-Lessees
- $1,000 cash for GM owners or Lessees
- $1,000 cash for non-GM owners or Lessees
- $500 for College Grad (always wondered about that one)

·
Registered
30 Posts
It was the military rebate - I saw no others offered, you would think the General would want to discount the (current) car as the '05 will eclipse the performance w/ the LS2 :eek:

I am in the Mid- Atlantic area :cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting! We'll have to watch the websites to see if the $2,000 is indeed from the General. I will see if I can confirm with my local dealer on Monday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My "salesman" took a few days to return my call. He confirmed the $2,000 rebate (must finance through GMAC). Salesman did not have interest rate details ... but he checked with a few people and THOUGHT the 0.9% interest financing was likely hinged incrementally (1.9%, 2.9%) based upon length of term of contract. He's sure a prompt, wealth of knowledge!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here is what teh press announcement says:

DETROIT - General Motors yesterday announced incentive enhancements affecting most of its 2004 and 2005 models. These enhancements are available on vehicles delivered from August 3 through September 7, 2004.

With "Spendless Summer" advertising scheduled to begin on August 5 in newspapers serving the top 75 markets, consumers are offered cash allowances of up to $5,000 on 2004 model cars and up to $6,000 on 2004 model trucks. These values include GMAC bonus cash for those consumers who finance or lease their vehicles through GMAC. GMAC bonus cash amounts vary by region, model and model year. Consumers should contact their local GM dealers for details.

"GM's Summerdrive program just got better," said John Smith, group vice president, GM North America Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing. "GM offers consumers the most choice, more car and truck segment fuel-economy leaders, great quality and now terrific value with the addition of the GMAC bonus allowance. With interest-free financing for up to 60 months for qualified buyers on most 2004 GM vehicles, GM's offers in August in many cases represent the best values this year whether you choose to buy, lease or finance a new car or truck."

GM also announced customer cash allowances and attractive APR finance rates for qualified buyers of select 2005 models. This offer runs from August 3 through September 7, 2004.
Looks like it may vary by region. I'll see what else I can find out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it looks like the guy that claims to have paid $28K for his 04 GTO likely paid $30K ... and took advantage of $2K in rebates. That would make sense, since the dealer cost is about $29,410.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts