Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious. The gas prices around here have dropped to $2.69 a gallon. What are prices like in the other parts of the U.S where you guys live. I don't know, but it does seem like the gas companies are dropping the prices slowly right now, just getting ready to jump the prices up over $4.:( Which I really hope doesn't happen. Some of my friends here are saying "Its just a matter of months before its over $4/gal and you'll have to sell yer GTO(I will never sell my GTO:mad:, how dare they even suggest it) What do ya'll think about all this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
arch&69 said:
I am just curious. The gas prices around here have dropped to $2.69 a gallon. What are prices like in the other parts of the U.S where you guys live. I don't know, but it does seem like the gas companies are dropping the prices slowly right now, just getting ready to jump the prices up over $4.:( Which I really hope doesn't happen. Some of my friends here are saying "Its just a matter of months before its over $4/gal and you'll have to sell yer GTO(I will never sell my GTO:mad:, how dare they even suggest it) What do ya'll think about all this?
Do you have an extra bedroom and garage space?!?! :lol: Its is around $3.20 here in colorado for premium.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, that was just reg, premium is still only 2.89. Sounds like us Arizonans have it easy huh? Knock on wood.

3.40 for premium. Da**!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
I was paying as much as $3.25 for premium (mostly Shell) about a month ago. Prices have dropped to as low as $2.95 at the same stations. This is in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.


$2.95= :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
Premimum, 91 octane was 2.97/gallon. Last year a website called Rigzone.com reported that for gas to get to $2.11 per gallon, crude oil would have to top $100. That was at current production levels and profit. Any questions why oil companies are making such HUGE profits???
Then again, how else could the US get off the foreign oil spigot. Ethanol plants are springing up all over the place. It costs $1.18 to produce one gallon of ethanol from corn. Sooo, maybe instead of selling your GTO, we should start looking for ways to convert this beast to alternative fuels. One big drawaback, EPA certification which is quite expensive and most car companies aren't willing to do that for specialty cars like the GTO, but ethanol has fewer BTU's per gallon, meaning our mileage will be less, it still comes out over 100 octane. So hope and pray that companies like Predator and others will jump on the band wagon and provide the computer permeters and we can worry about the rest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
arch&69 said:
I am just curious. The gas prices around here have dropped to $2.69 a gallon. What are prices like in the other parts of the U.S where you guys live. I don't know, but it does seem like the gas companies are dropping the prices slowly right now, just getting ready to jump the prices up over $4.:( Which I really hope doesn't happen. Some of my friends here are saying "Its just a matter of months before its over $4/gal and you'll have to sell yer GTO(I will never sell my GTO:mad:, how dare they even suggest it) What do ya'll think about all this?

Right outside of Philly
$315.00 Premium
$283.00 Reg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,100 Posts
Best price in NorCal is $2.999 urine, $3.129 mid and $3.229 super.

Seriously? The only thing keeping oil prices up is commodities speculators. Gasoline stocks are way up. There's so much crude in storage right now there's no place to put it. There's so much oil in reserves that we've got decades worth of the stuff. This is no different than the Chicken Littles who were running around in the early 70's screaming we were running out of oil.

Look at it this way. Last week, crude fell close to 10 percent. However, it goes back a couple of bucks this week because, tah-dah, the president of Iran says he's going to keep working on their nuclear program. Never mind the fact that work has nothing to do with the oil industry -- and that they're years away from any kind of serious activity that would require intervention.

It's all a bunch of crap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Best price in NorCal is $2.999 urine, $3.129 mid and $3.229 super.

Seriously? The only thing keeping oil prices up is commodities speculators. Gasoline stocks are way up. There's so much crude in storage right now there's no place to put it. There's so much oil in reserves that we've got decades worth of the stuff. This is no different than the Chicken Littles who were running around in the early 70's screaming we were running out of oil.

Look at it this way. Last week, crude fell close to 10 percent. However, it goes back a couple of bucks this week because, tah-dah, the president of Iran says he's going to keep working on their nuclear program. Never mind the fact that work has nothing to do with the oil industry -- and that they're years away from any kind of serious activity that would require intervention.

It's all a bunch of crap.

:agree It is a bunch of crap. The oil companies are making huge profits because the product they make and sell is being bought at really high prices by all of us. That simple. No conspiracy, no greed, no crooks. The futures traders are controlling the oil market. It WILL correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
Just hit a Cosco here in North Phoenix (AZ), $2.68 for Unl and $2.89 for Supreme.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
mattmc1228 said:
Right outside of Philly
$315.00 Premium
$283.00 Reg
Holy crap! At those prices who can afford to drive?!


;) I figure your decimal is off by two places there.

$3.15 and 2.83 respectively.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
My local Sunoco (PA, near Mechanicsburg) has regular (87) at $2.79, mid (89) at $2.89, super (93) at $2.97, and Ultra (94) at $2.99 - first time I've seen Ultra 94 for under 3 bucks in a while. Around this time last summer I was paying over $3.60 for Ultra 94.
 
1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Top