Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 problems that hopefully yall can help me with 1.I bought my car and it had a small squeak coming from the belts I was excited to get my car out of the dealership so i figured id spend the 5 bucks on some belt dressing but ive gone through 2 cans of belt dressing and a couple cokes sometimes it works for a while but most of the time it makes the squeak worse any solutions? ........2. Sometimes when I go to lock my doors with the key pad it will chirp 4 or 5 times and not lock the doors i figured it was just a dummy feature tellin me i left a door open or trunk but thats not the case any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
I have 2 problems that hopefully yall can help me with 1.I bought my car and it had a small squeak coming from the belts I was excited to get my car out of the dealership so i figured id spend the 5 bucks on some belt dressing but ive gone through 2 cans of belt dressing and a couple cokes sometimes it works for a while but most of the time it makes the squeak worse any solutions? ........2. Sometimes when I go to lock my doors with the key pad it will chirp 4 or 5 times and not lock the doors i figured it was just a dummy feature tellin me i left a door open or trunk but thats not the case any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum..

The squeak you are hearing is most probably the belt tensioner. Others have reported the same squeak and a new belt tensioner cured it. Try WD-40ing and see if that doesn't stop it.

The chirping may be one of two problems, either a door actuator, or the BCM. Most probably a door actuator.

Hopefully you are still within warranty?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts