Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after working 7 hours a day , 5 days a week, for the last 5 weeks on my '67 GTO restore I am headed out to Jakarta via Tokyo...I write this from the plane in the Houston airport getting ready to embark on a 19 hour flight followed by a 9 hour flight to Indonesia. I am taking two weeks for work, and then I will get back and resume my restore. The frame is done all new suspension, paint, brakes, brake lines, fuel lines, and power steering components. I also have the engine completly rebuilt, with all new EVERYTHING(too much to list), all of the metal work is done, along with all the body work and the priming. When I get home I'll paint her gloss black to find all the TINY flaws, fix those with icing, then reprime, sand(the absolute heck out of it hahaha starting with 400 on up to infinity!!) then I'll be going back with the stock blue color. I'll use the 60% gloss for the under carriage, fire wall, the trunk will get speckled, and the. All of the new and refurbished interior will head back into it! My goal is to have it done for the Pontiac rally in bowling green, KY. I hope to see some of you there.

I am up to 1400 pictures, so I figured a one shot 200 post restore thread would be easier then to keep updating it, but I will show you one photo, this is how dedicated I am to making this awesome, it happened at the start of the day last Friday and I contuined to to work all day, a flapper disk blew up and even wearing a face shield it came up under it(thank god I was ALSO wearing gloves long sleeves and additional eye protection! Have a good day guys and good luck with your ladies!

Chris

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts