Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2000 GTP. It has 130k and is in great shape. The only problem is i cant figure out how to turn the fog lites on. I know about the switches and all that but, i think something is messed up. Also the ABS light is on . The last thing is the rear defog doest work... I was hoping some of you could help me with these problems.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just purchased a 2000 GTP. It has 130k and is in great shape. The only problem is i cant figure out how to turn the fog lites on. I know about the switches and all that but, i think something is messed up. Also the ABS light is on . The last thing is the rear defog doest work... I was hoping some of you could help me with these problems.
Is the the GTO forum?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm sure since a few of us GTO owners (not me though) have had GTP's in the past, he felt this was as good a place as any to ask.

I would say to look for a GTP related forum though, probably get more info there. Good luck.
Joe

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've never had a GTP, but make sure the brights are not on. Brights on usually cuts out the fog/driving lights. I'll try and stay off that whole rant.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gtp

I love my GTP. It's not that big of a car. I got the sedan and I actually like it better than my friend’s coupe. Pretty good on gas, comfortable smooth ride, similar to the GTO. I would highly recommend this car to anyone for a main car or a winter car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2000 GTP as my daily driver. If the toggle switch on the dash is in the correct position then the bulbs could be burned out or the fuse blown. I've had to replace my bulbs. All of your problems should be fairly easy for a competent mechanic to diagnose and tell you what's going on without charging you an arm and a leg. Do you know the history of the car at all?

One of the best mods I did on mine was change the suspension to the GMPP koni struts/springs. Rides and handles much better. Firm but not punishing, stays planted in corners, steering feel improved and the rear doesn't come up so much under hard braking. Oh, and it lowered the car about an inch which looks much better as well. They are a very good car, IMHO. Hope you get your issues resolved without to much hassle.:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I own a 2000 GTP also. Have fun with that ABS light... I had the Trac Off light on, and found out it was a bad ABS pump/EBCM. The part cost $1400 from dealer, but just went to a salvage yard and picked one up for $100. Not to hard to install either :) With the ABS light though, I noticed the guys talking about ABS wheel hub sensors that are common to fail. Check out these two forums for good help. This is where I went.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=386

http://www.grandprix.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Good luck!

Dan

P.S. - I had to replace my foglamp bulbs too :) So check those...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts