Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking to swap out my the stock 68 GTO buckets for the more comfortable/modern 2004-2006 power bucket seats with lumbar ... I have back issues so I am researching this swap.

My main concern is head room. I have read some comments that they are higher and some others that say they are the same or lower.

Has anyone down this swap into a actual 1968 GTO hardtop ... I have only gotten feedback so far from folks that have put them in a 1968 GTO convertable.

1GTO-197-A.JPG 2GTO-195-B.JPG GTO-200-A.jpg

GTO-172.jpg GTO-171.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going with the 04-06 GTO seats for my 68 GTO ... Just purchased a pair ... Keeping my fingers crossed on the head room issue !

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Standard seat adjustment or power? Power seat track assembly's typically take up a bunch of room under the front of the lower seat asm, either which way, from examining this mod before, going to have to section the seats front pedestals, reinforce, & create your own custom front mounting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Standard seat adjustment or power? Power seat track assembly's typically take up a bunch of room under the front of the lower seat asm, either which way, from examining this mod before, going to have to section the seats front pedestals, reinforce, & create your own custom front mounting.
The 04-06 seats are full power ... and yes will need some fab work (keeping in mind the height issue) ... My fingers are crossed !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Seats in ... I would say these seats are the same height as the stock buckets ... I am going to have them recovered to make them look as close to stock as possible ... Might even add heat and massage (ha) !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks great

those additions look great. Wondering how you managed to pull off the close duplication in the upholstery? Did you repurpose some of the original seats stamped portions?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Agree, that looks pretty cool. Did it cross your mind to swap the rear seats also to get the 2+2 seating? The seats in my 05 GTO are very comfortable, look forward to driving that car as often as I can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts