Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, how big of a difference power wise is there really between the 2004 motor and the 2005, I mean, off the line power, passing power, 0-60, quarter mile and such?

·
Registered
267 Posts
i'm assuming you want to know about the performance difference.. because your weighing the 04 against the 05?? i would be more concerened with buying a used gto, because someone could have beat the snot out of it..50 hp is a decent amount of power, but its not night and day...if there is any 04,s left the money you save, would turn it into a rocket... :cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
NAAA...i rode in a 05 auto and it didnt seem that much more powerfull acually my 04, 6 sp seemed as fast, {but that the difference between auto and stick}...10+ grand for 50 hp...i dont think so !!!!

G

·
I could argue fact against the butt meter, but will just say if yours feels faster, rock on! :)

I wouldnt go racing an 05 auto though...

G

·
Maybe not, but since the 06 is hitting the lots now, the price on existing 05 will drop to 25-27k, or just a few thou more than an 04 sitting on the lot. And for the LS2 motor, its a gain I am willing to take. Although when I finally get ready (i.e., have enough cash), I will end up with an 06.

G

·
little problem with my current car and a LOT of negative equity! To the tune of 11,000 !!! Courtesy of a go-to-hell Corvette that was a HUGE lemon and wasnt worth squat when I got rid of it.

G

·
I traded the vette in on my cavalier (current car this moment) and that is what has all the negative equity. See, a cavalier aint worth SQUAT so until they come up with a way to give me more for my trade.........im stuck!

G

·
your telling me!!! I had to though, was in a financial bind, ran out of money from my accident, and averaging $2000 a month on repairs since I owned it was killing me! So I needed something cheap, economical, and reliable to help me get back on my feet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.