Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im MMOB driving down 45N going to a friends house, when i see a blue 07 RX-8, i see him look up at me and wave his finger saying lets go. The traffic wasnt too heavy, so we slowed down to about 40mph. i downshifted and hammered it as well as he did. I had about 8 car lengths on him at about 120 mph.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup, it was funny as ****, the guy had the most pist off look on after getting spanked.

·
Registered
377 Posts
He's better off in a parking lot racing around cones.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
My brother just bought a used '04 Blue fully loaded with GPS a couple off months ago for $11k with extended warranty good 'til 100k. the car has 85k adult driven miles.

Yes, it's nothing like a LSx in TQ and HP, but that car handles really well with the factory setup. Very forgiving and super easy to manage the twisties.

Very stiff chassis.

I suspect that once he tosses 275/35/18 all around with a coil over kit and adjustable sways that it will outhandle my previously owned FD and NSX.......... and of course, the GTO. All of these cars have similar suspension mods.

Over the weekend we took it for a long drive to So Cal to the Sevenstock.org even for rotary powered cars. I prefer the GTO for it's fine leather, that sweet smell and space.

I like the instrument gauges and short shifter of the RX8 better. I wish the GTO had a center arm-rest/console in the rear like the GTO.

GTO gets better MPGs on city and freeway when ur not hammering it. On the road trip we observed 24MPGs at 65MPH with the A/C on, 3 people and luggage.

He has beat a G35 manual and was about dead even with a late model Mustang GT. Both were at freeway speeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts