Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my goat since 2011 and it was broken into twice within the first couple years of owning it. When it was broken into, my driver's side manual lock was disconnected or broken. I sort of could get it to go up and down from the inside, but now it is completely disconnected. I've never had a problem getting in or out of the car with the key fob, so I was like whatever, I'll deal with it later. Then, the car was broken into again and they couldn't get in on the driver's side because that lock was messed up so they did the same thing to the passenger side (broken lock). I think I left it at that point so they couldn't break into it again. I've since relocated and now want to fix them. My question is, what do I need to buy/replace? Do I need a specific part? The whole actuator? Or do I take the door panel off (need some advice on best procedure for that) and then try to figure it out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've owned my goat since 2011 and it was broken into twice within the first couple years of owning it. When it was broken into, my driver's side manual lock was disconnected or broken. I sort of could get it to go up and down from the inside, but now it is completely disconnected. I've never had a problem getting in or out of the car with the key fob, so I was like whatever, I'll deal with it later. Then, the car was broken into again and they couldn't get in on the driver's side because that lock was messed up so they did the same thing to the passenger side (broken lock). I think I left it at that point so they couldn't break into it again. I've since relocated and now want to fix them. My question is, what do I need to buy/replace? Do I need a specific part? The whole actuator? Or do I take the door panel off (need some advice on best procedure for that) and then try to figure it out?
I did windshields/door glass for a living. More then likely what happened is that the cable that attaches to the mechanism was either broken or disconnected. You won't know until you take the door covers off and look at the mechanism. Once you have eyes on you'll be able to tell and get what you need. It's hard to say what you'll need with out knowing exactly what's wrong with it. Take door panels off and post pics

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did windshields/door glass for a living. More then likely what happened is that the cable that attaches to the mechanism was either broken or disconnected. You won't know until you take the door covers off and look at the mechanism. Once you have eyes on you'll be able to tell and get what you need. It's hard to say what you'll need with out knowing exactly what's wrong with it. Take door panels off and post pics
Ok thanks, I will! Probably next weekend when I have time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts