Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i know i havent been posting races but i wasnt sure if the same guys read in the other parts of the forum. but anyway i got the news about my car and i wont get it back till july 23 the list of fixes is insane but ill just do the big oens i need a new rear end (which im just gonna upgrade) all new suspension all around new door. ha and for right now i have to drive a 2008 g6 gt super slow its killing me

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill upload the picture soon rukee lol just have to find my memory stick and yes he is paying for the damage and as for the upgrades i plan on changin the real now i dont know much about it but my buddy was saying something like a 12 bolt soild rear or something is good

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Unless you are looking into some super serous mods for drag racing I would not mess the the rear. A solid rear will require some fabrication, a 12 bolt IRS is vary expensive. You can buy the diff insert or the rear cover to help with cooling and stiffen the IRS up thats about the best way to go. I think you have a Auto tranny, but if you do they are easer on the driveline than a manual.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Unless you are looking into some super serous mods for drag racing I would not mess the the rear. A solid rear will require some fabrication, a 12 bolt IRS is vary expensive. You can buy the diff insert or the rear cover to help with cooling and stiffen the IRS up thats about the best way to go. I think you have a Auto tranny, but if you do they are easer on the driveline than a manual.
:agree Not to mention you will no longer have 4 wheel independent suspension. Stick with the differential you have…

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys your a big help do you have any good ones i could look into getting? and i am also looking into getting a supercharger so i need my car to be able to withstand the power it will be putting out. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts