Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks great info thanks! I know I have only seen one other my area (barbados blue at that) although I know the Dealer sold at least a few more. I have not seen any when actually driving.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This means Pontiac still has to sell 2K Goats. Since the 06s will arive in the Fall, they have only 9 months to sell the 05s. I bet my lunch money we will see huge incentives on the 05s 4-5 months around June. The more they wait to releas de 05s (to allow 04s to sell), the bigger the problem down the road.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thank you for posting that. Now I feel better. Our first choice was Barbados. She who must be obeyed said no yellow, purple, or impulse after she saw it. I said no red (unless it was a deep burgandy like the 65s) because with a red 93 Z28, red 68 Firebird Convertible and all the other red cars I've owned the madness had to stop.

That left us with barbados, silver and black in that order for me, reverse it for her. Since I get to clean the car I got to choose silver. Now I don't fell bad for missing out on the last barbados in the area.

I would love to see a color like verdoro green with the glass paint like the show car on a new GTO or the blood red with the glass paint. I think GM dropped the ball with colors. A little retro in the colors like what Ford did with the T-Birds pastels would have been nice.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Very Interesting...

I note that on most colors the Manual/Auto is close to a 50-50 split - the exceptions being red and yellow. Those two colors have a much higher % manuals. Any guesses why that would be???

---Larry

·
Registered
58 Posts
LarryM said:
Very Interesting...

I note that on most colors the Manual/Auto is close to a 50-50 split - the exceptions being red and yellow. Those two colors have a much higher % manuals. Any guesses why that would be???

---Larry
High impact colors - I normally associated them with "sportier" drivers who are impacted with the performance driving aspects (manual over automatic).

·
Registered
386 Posts
LarryM said:
Very Interesting...

---Larry
Also notice (and this is not meant to be sexist) the Barbados Blue is the only color where the A4 outweighs the M6. Wonder why that is? :confused :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
All 3 car's ive owned before have been red. I think the GTO im getting tommorow (12/16) is the brightest of them all. I agree with the redmadness theory, and think that i dont want it to end it feels too good :).

My vote is no white, I'd vote grey(silver) out of the lineup if i could as well because it is too boring.

-Frank

·
Registered
265 Posts
GTO_Newbie said:
High impact colors - I normally associated them with "sportier" drivers who are impacted with the performance driving aspects (manual over automatic).
I might opt for that theory IF there was some available difference - like if the there was a V-6 (shudder) model, then those opting for the LS1 might ALSO opt for yellow/red.

BUT I was reading in the Sunday paper the other day, and article about colors, silver/grey being the most popular general color - but BLUE and RED were the most popular "sporty car" colors. There's overlap there with red, but how'd yellow sneak in and overpass blue?

Not that it matters a hoot, just a curiousity.

---Larry

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LarryM said:
I might opt for that theory IF there was some available difference - like if the there was a V-6 (shudder) model, then those opting for the LS1 might ALSO opt for yellow/red.

BUT I was reading in the Sunday paper the other day, and article about colors, silver/grey being the most popular general color - but BLUE and RED were the most popular "sporty car" colors. There's overlap there with red, but how'd yellow sneak in and overpass blue?
Yellow is currently the "in" color with the younger demographic and even some of us middle-aged guys. I might have purchased a Yellow goat if a different interior color had been offered other than black.

Greg

·
Registered
185 Posts
djdub said:
Also notice (and this is not meant to be sexist) the Barbados Blue is the only color where the A4 outweighs the M6. Wonder why that is? :confused :D
yeah, but it's still a GTO at the least, no more no less, why does no one pick on cosmos purple goats? i think that barbados is a color you don't see everyday on the road on any vehicle. Silver on the other hand, well 50% of all vehicles come in silver...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lambertgoat said:
yeah, but it's still a GTO at the least, no more no less, why does no one pick on cosmos purple goats?
Because everyone knows that even us gay boys who own Cosmos Purple goats are still butcher than anyone who owns a Barbados Blue one, no matter what their sexual orientation. ;)

Greg

·
Registered
265 Posts
GoatHerder said:
Because everyone knows that even us gay boys who own Cosmos Purple goats are still butcher than anyone who owns a Barbados Blue one, no matter what their sexual orientation. ;)

Greg
I don't know... Either Greg cracks me up, or he keeps walking away from his PC allowing his friends to post for him.

Either way - what a hoot this place is! :D

---Larry

·
Registered
46 Posts
GoatHerder said:

Greg
And since when did purple become BUTCH?? :eek:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts