Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this forum just for the "Old School GTO"'s?

Have posted several questions regarding my 2005 GTO, no one responds.

Every week I get an email with the subject as "Trending posts from GtoForum.com!", but none of the articles pertain to 2004 to 2006 GTO's. If I'm subscribe to the wrong Forum, would someone please let me know???

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
This site actually seems to be dying. The mods don't spend much time here, many posts seem somewhat 'troll like', and spam posts are left without being deleted. Only a handful of people post 'real' posts. I don't know about the wrong forum but it's just not very active.....especially in this section. It used to be cool.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Most of the 04-06 guys are gone... i try to come on here and answer questions when i can. Try Ls1gto.com, its dieing too but still quite a few people on there compared to this forum for the late model stuff

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
The 64-74 section has slowed down considerably also. Seems to coincide with the forum software change.

Reactions: RMTZ67

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes - the forum is slow and it was fun at one point. I look at the emails and its sad as there is rarely anything on the 04-06. Anyway - still loving mine and looking at moving from So Cal back East - will be taking it with me!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I've had mine for almost 11 years. Might not keep it too much longer as I rarely drive it.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Every week I get an email with the subject as "Trending posts from GtoForum.com!", but none of the articles pertain to 2004 to 2006 GTO's. If I'm subscribe to the wrong Forum, would someone please let me know???
I log into the forum at least once a week. But I'm here to learn and definitely not able to answer technical questions.

Even though activity is a little slow, I still see new questions and answers fairly often.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
She's gone after nearly 11 years! 6/19/2009 - 1/28/2020, This is the new owner driving it away. These cars are kind of like what they say about boats. The two happiest days in a 2004-2006 GTO owners life are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. Really didn't drive it anymore and didn't drive it much when I had it. Under 5000 miles in those nearly 11 years. Sold it for the same 15k I bought it for. Technically, I lost money since 15k in 2009 would be worth $17967.11 in 2020 but I'll take it.

Reactions: Red Beard Goat

·
Registered
425 Posts
Damn sad to see another one go. I dont think i could ever get rid of mine. The only car id consider ditching it for would be a C6 Z06 or ZR1.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately forums are dying, which is too bad because they are a better research tool for a platforms history, unlike facetubes. I haven't been on here in 7 months after trying to do a password reset, that kept me off this page for a good 5 years or longer. Strange it worked tonight. EDIT: I see it still has failed to link to my original profile, missing my post count and picture. Even the join date is off by a week. Which is comical since I did a google search looking for pics from 2006 and a post of mine from 2011 popped up in the search. Post #8 on this thread.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Yeah, car sites have become pretty lame in the last year or so. Not just this one but every one that I go on. The new software that most of them seem to use and the sponsorship that goes with it likely plays a large role in that. I won't be here much going forward since I recently sold the car but will look in from time to time.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I have '06 Goat. Love it. Do a lot of the painting and engine work myself...what type of ?'s do you have?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
The 2006 GTO was my dream car I was 18 when it came out. I just bought mine a one owner cyclone grey metallic 6 speed. Let me tell you something I absolutely love the car! I work at a Ford dealer and see new mustang's and there is a chevy dealer a half mile up the road also. And about 2 miles in town away from where I work is a dodge dealer. Let me tell you something none of the new cars captivate me like the GTO did. The new cars are cool and faster. But you never see them on the road or at car shows. It's nice to be different and unique. I will never get rid of mine!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I come to this site for both new school (2006 SRM) and old school (65 Tempest Wagon / 66 Tempest convertible). Definitely a slow down here. I think most sites have the same issue. FB has really decimated on-board forums.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Trolls and bots.......I got out at the right time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts