Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not used to the Hurst shifter yet, started in second, never got into 5th. Had to slow down i was at 110 on a 2 lane road in Wallingford CT. He stayed about 2 carlengths behind. Plus I dont know how to race. I guess that really makes blue oval boy look bad.

·
Registered
341 Posts
There's no such thing as a 2005-2008 "Mach 1"..... Do you mean 2003-2004 (those are the years they DID make a Mach 1), or did you simply race a 2005-2008 GT with Mach 1 stickers stuck on it??

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the newer body style with the round headlights. It had Mach 1 on the bottom of the doors. Prob just stickers then if what you say is correct. I dont pay attention to fords much. Who knows. I can only tell you by what i saw.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yep, just owner-installed decals.... An 03-04 Mach would've put up a bit more fight than an 05-up GT... Their advertised horsepower was slightly under-rated at 300 (more like 325). They make more power than a 4.6 3v 05-08 GT, and weigh less... Easy mid-13 cars bone-stock, with some folks getting into the lower 13's (just as most 05-06 GTO owners get mid-to-low 13's, but some can eek high 12's...)

Don't know how to race?????? Easy, pedal on floor, tach to just-shy of redline, then shift as fast as you know how... You're racing! ;) ;).... :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Lifting to shift, my friend, is strictly optional. However, if you miss a shift while the throttle foot is to the floorboard, abort, ASAP. Also, it most likely will reduce the life of your driveline parts, even if the shift is done just right.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roger that! I will pay more attention to Rustangs.. It seems as I already ease the gas to the floor and shift at approx 5800rpm, and try to shift as fast as i can. I dont spin the tires off the line and launch pretty hard I guess. I dont smoke the clutch either. I guess I do somewhat know how to do it then. Now i want a true Mach 1. Bring it on!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Now I want a true Mach 1. Bring it on!
Careful....you never know what might be lurking under the hood of that rustang you meet up with...lol.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Careful....you never know what might be lurking under the hood of that rustang you meet up with...lol.
:agree

Always start out small till you know your car and it's capabilities and yours too.

Mustangs are the most dangerous car out there too. You'll see two identical cars beside each other. One might sound real mean, and it's the one only running mid 13's. The other normal looking and sounding one runs low 11's. There is just so much possible with a Mustang, as far as mods are concerned that you never know what will happen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts