Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten the C6 to the strip. We are having tons of rain and the prep has been aweful. Most of the time they aren't running and when they are it's hot, humid and poor prep.

My best 60' was a 2.03.

My best time was a 12.98 at 111.02.

Remember that is in 75-80 degree heat with near 100% humidity. I had huge problems with the windshield fogging on the runs and was having to turn the defroster on part way down the track to be able to see.

A guy with a C6 Z06 was running 12.2-12.3 and a C5 Z06 was running 12.7-12.8. A guy with an 05 GTO with headers, a K&N intake, 4.10's, drag bags and a tune was running 13.1's pretty consistantly, so that tells you how slow the track was.

My guess is with some traction from good prep, cooler drier weather and a frsh set of air filters and the car will hit a 12.5 give or take a tenth.

I'm going to do headers, an intake, a tune and hope for high 11's but be happy with low 12's.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
12.3, Thats pretty high for a C6 Z06, and I never knew C5 Z06's can break into mid 12's, and thats with bad weather. Any idea what the quickest time was on a stock C5 Z06? I heard of 12.1 on corvetteforum but I'm not 100% to believe that, meaning its somewhat possible to hit high 11's?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've seen only slightly better at Sears Point here in NorCal, don't feel bad. I am curious about the trap speeds of the other cars though.

I found with my F1s, I get a better 60ft with 35-36psi in the rear and some weight transfer (1/3 - 1/2 tank of gas) before going WOT. Yourself?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
12.3, Thats pretty high for a C6 Z06, and I never knew C5 Z06's can break into mid 12's, and thats with bad weather. Any idea what the quickest time was on a stock C5 Z06? I heard of 12.1 on corvetteforum but I'm not 100% to believe that, meaning its somewhat possible to hit high 11's?? :rolleyes:
I had a 2002 C5 Z06. I had an intake on it. I bought it used and believe it may have had a tune. I was able to run into the 11's with it with just an intake. The best run I had with DR's and the above mods was 11.501. My trap speed was 118.xx.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen only slightly better at Sears Point here in NorCal, don't feel bad. I am curious about the trap speeds of the other cars though.

I found with my F1s, I get a better 60ft with 35-36psi in the rear and some weight transfer (1/3 - 1/2 tank of gas) before going WOT. Yourself?
I don't remember the trap speeds of the other cars except for one pass the GTO made and it was 110 and change.

I tell people all the time that if you are going racing with run-flats keep the tires pressure at a normal setting. They tend to cup in if you deflate them and you lose traction. I've never tried a psi as high as 35. I'm going to though. I usually keep it in the 30-32 range.

I think I'm doing the same as you, I work into the throttle fairly progressive till the front end has lifted and I've gotten the weight to the rear tires before hitting WOT.

I weighed this one. It's got every option you could get in 2005 and it weighs in at 3274 with just over a 1/4 tank. My 2006 with an A6 and no options was a lightweight at 3136 with an 1/8 of a tank.

I'm still not a fan of the T-56.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your vette had to be tuned. I can totally see a c5 Z06 getting into the 11's with just an intake but 11.5? Thats a sick time and I think you had more power than you thought. Now you just need to make the C6 that fast!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your vette had to be tuned. I can totally see a c5 Z06 getting into the 11's with just an intake but 11.5? Thats a sick time and I think you had more power than you thought. Now you just need to make the C6 that fast!
I bought it used. It had a vararam intake on it and it was definately a strong runner. I didn't like the intake for the possibility of it ingesting water down here in Florida so I got Haltech Stinger.

There is the possibility that it could have been tuned.

I've got SLP long tubes, a Corsa exhaust, a Haltech intake and a vararam throtle body spacer sitting in the garage right now. I'm going to do it my self and I'm just waiting for the time to do it. I want to take it to the trak one week and get a couple passes on it to set a baseline and then go the next week after the mods to get a fairly accurate idea of what I accomplished.

Then I'm going to get it tuned to see what that does. I'm looking to get a solid low 12's on streets and hoping for a high 11's with DR's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts