Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up all u GTO owners out there...Im sure alot of u are having trouble finding perf exhaust for your 05 goat....well if u are i have good news for u.. Right now my 05 gto is at CORSA PERFORMANCE as their test car while they are building an exhaust system for the new 05. The car is almost done which means that they will within the next couple weeks have a catback system out for the 05 gto. So if anyone is interested in their system for your 05....then call up and find out info...cause it will be out soon

·
Registered
53 Posts
I guess I need to get up to speed. I hear this "catback" term used alot. What exactly is a catback and how much of a performance gain is there? I'm actually pretty happy with the sound level and performance stock, but was wondering.

·
Registered
558 Posts
GTOfreak said:
I guess I need to get up to speed. I hear this "catback" term used alot. What exactly is a catback and how much of a performance gain is there? I'm actually pretty happy with the sound level and performance stock, but was wondering.
As I've always understood it, "catback" just means that the aftermarket exhaust system replaces the stock system only from the catalytic converters back--not all the way from the engine. That part stays stock.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GTOfreak said:

A cat back system means that it is a completly different exuast with all new pipes from the catylic converters to the end of the car. The sound is unreal. The car sounds like a ferrari while going through the gears slow....a monster while the pedal is down...and sounds more quite on the highway than my stock system sounded..... The power was completely noticable right away....About a 20 hp increase.....and the tips look great too...They are the same tips from the factory....only in a 4 inch ...so it remains stock looking to everyone else....couldnt be happier with this system....great system to buy..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If there is anyone out there with an 05 gto that is lookin for an exhaust system...My car is now the only one as of right now in the country with Corsa on an 05.....It is their test model and this system will be on the market shortly....I live in new york...so if anyone wants to hear the system and see it before they buy it.....feel free to write to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.