Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
The ’05 goat sounds like a great car. I read the Car and Driver article too, and based on their impressions it sounds like a blast to drive.

I am not too crazy about GM’s new twin port hood. Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t look bad. However, I do not think it really adds a whole lot to the design. I also don’t think its going to satisfy the purists who were upset with the design of this car to begin with.

The new bumper with the split tailpipes looks good! I never considered the clustered pipes of the ’04 anywhere close to a deal breaker, but it makes me wonder why they couldn’t have come up with this split pipe solution from the start. It could not have cost much, or taken too much extra engineering to design a cutout on either side of the bumper and route the pipes to each side under the car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was one of the old school guys who has owned a GTO with the scoops and true duals. Once I saw the 2004 I decided to complain to Pontiac along with alot of others and it worked.So i'm going to get an 05 in the spring,not worth getting it now due to the weather here in the northeast.

·
Registered
37 Posts
04 - 05

I agree that the 05's area better and wish that Pontiac had done that to begine with! I however, bought an 04 m6 torrid red/red last weekend and love it! I too had a 69 GTO as my first car, unfortunately don't have anymore! I have a 69 LeMans with the big block 400 in the garage though. I looked at the purchase from the angle that I would have one of the first ones back and was too eager to get in one so when the wife gave the green light I did not hesitate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.