Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm totally new here, I have just test drove the new 2005 GTO 6 speed and fell in love. The dealer wouldn't give me a good price for trade in and the car and told me I should wait till August for rebates and incentives. I can hardly wait, I'm just going nuts to try and buy one. They only offered me $6,000 on my 2001 Impala LS. what do you think the dealer pays for the car? Do you think they will be able to go as low as $30,000 on the 2005??
I'm putting my car up for sale hopefully I'll be able to get $12,000 for it with all the system upgrades and mods....take a look... http://members.cox.net/impala

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd just private party sell your car. I don't think you'll get an '05 for $30k without big incentives from Pontiac. Dealer invoice is $31,193 on MN6 cars, and a little above that for A4 cars. However, if GM throws in big dealer incentives again, you could see that price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
An option

I've been tracking GTO sales on ebay for a few months now. I only record the ones that ACTUALLY sell, reserves met. It looks like NEW 2004's can be had all day from dealerships at $23,000. One USED 2004 GTO sold for $18,700 with a clean title and 17,800 miles. I don't record any used cars without clear titles either.

The used ones aren't selling well at all on ebay. I think that's probably because folks paid over $30,000 for them new. It's hard to take that kind of loss.

Buy a slightly used 2004's and slap a Vortech supercharger kit on for $6000. That'll put you up to around 500 Hp at 8 psi of boost, for fairly cheap. There's a twin turbo kit about to come out from APS. The twin turbo puts 529 Hp to the wheels. I think it it costs a little more though. They have a dyno plot on their website. Here's the web address. http://www.airpowersystems.com/ls1/ls1.htm

I have to go used, because it is all I can afford AND stay married. It's less power, but it is still fast as hell for a 4 seater.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I paid $31500.00 for my 05 but I bought it way up in the frozen north, bought the g/f's 05 mustang GT up there as well I seem to find better deals up here due to the lack of want of a muscle car is out weighed by the need of trucks and suv's

·
Registered
10 Posts
2005 Purchase

I got mine last week for $30,693, using the $1500 GM loyalty rebate. I was going to buy a slightly used C5 Corvette Z06, for about the same money, but bought this instead, different car, but well worth the $$, a bargain.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is this $1500 Loyalty Rebate I hear about??? Since I own a chevy should the delaer give me $1500 discount towards my new purchase? Is it for the 05 GTO's? Is it only in certain areas? Please let me know. Thank you.
Chris
http://members.cox.net/impala

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any idea what an '05 would go for with a GMS discount ? Also I plan to get my 05 GTO just before the '06s come out (if they do -im not sure what the deal is on that). I have to place the order for my 05 while its still current year production or I loose my GMS authorization number.

·
Registered
74 Posts
fastgoat said:
Any idea what an '05 would go for with a GMS discount ? Also I plan to get my 05 GTO just before the '06s come out (if they do -im not sure what the deal is on that). I have to place the order for my 05 while its still current year production or I loose my GMS authorization number.
GM Supplier on an '05 MN6 is listed at $31717.56. Straight GMS should be about a grand less or so.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dealer wouldn't give Supplier Discount

Just went to drive and seriously look at a '05 GTO in Harrisonburg, VA, the dealer said they would not give my supplier discount on it, anyone know if they can do this, it was exactly what I was looking (yellow 6 speed) ?? They did give me a best price of $32,037, but it aggrevates me after seeing the GTO is eligible for my discount.

·
Registered
74 Posts
toddhson said:
Just went to drive and seriously look at a '05 GTO in Harrisonburg, VA, the dealer said they would not give my supplier discount on it, anyone know if they can do this, it was exactly what I was looking (yellow 6 speed) ?? They did give me a best price of $32,037, but it aggrevates me after seeing the GTO is eligible for my discount.

Yes. They can do it, because each dealership can choose whether or not they want to accept GM Supplier discount for each car. You're best off going to a different dealership.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dealer gave me supplier discount

Went back Monday to the same dealer, showed them a printout that the GTO was eligable for my supplier discount, they finally agreed to give it to me, so I drove home in a '05 Yellow Jacket M6, very happy with it, even though I'm a huge Mopar fan, mother mopar doesn't sell anything like this !!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.