Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I need your help. I have been looking at GTO's for a while now and have a lease deal on an 05 for $525 monthly, no down, all fees included, 3 years 12,000 miles. I drive a 2003 Mach1 Mustang w/several mods that runs 12.9's-13.0's all day long at 104-106mph. I like the GTO and am trying to decide between the auto and the 6-spd. It's gonna be a sunny weekend car and will be modded and run at the Wednesday nite drags at Sears Point Raceway (30 minutes away from me) here in Northern California. The auto will be easier to launch and more consistent. Do the automatics take to mods well and will they hold up to drag racing? It looks like the GTO will be more of a comfortable "Cruiser" than my "Hot Rod" Mach1!! They wanted to sell me a leftover 04 for $25,500 (plus fees), but I want the 400 HP motor!!! What do you think of the deal?? (Don't FLAME me for being a Mustang guy!!) Feedback please. THANKS

·
Registered
87 Posts
superdave01 said:
Okay guys, I need your help. I have been looking at GTO's for a while now and have a lease deal on an 05 for $525 monthly, no down, all fees included, 3 years 12,000 miles. I drive a 2003 Mach1 Mustang w/several mods that runs 12.9's-13.0's all day long at 104-106mph. I like the GTO and am trying to decide between the auto and the 6-spd. It's gonna be a sunny weekend car and will be modded and run at the Wednesday nite drags at Sears Point Raceway (30 minutes away from me) here in Northern California. The auto will be easier to launch and more consistent. Do the automatics take to mods well and will they hold up to drag racing? It looks like the GTO will be more of a comfortable "Cruiser" than my "Hot Rod" Mach1!! They wanted to sell me a leftover 04 for $25,500 (plus fees), but I want the 400 HP motor!!! What do you think of the deal?? (Don't FLAME me for being a Mustang guy!!) Feedback please. THANKS

How's your credit?? i have great credit and was quoted just today on a smartbuy heres the details

2005 GTO.. any color, any tranny i want
3 year smartbuy
12,000 miles per year
$486.00 a month
OH and NOTHING down, just drive it away..

OR 4 year smartbuy
12,000 miles per year
$450.00 a month... same deal nothing down, just drive it away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smartbuy

I sent my dealer your deal figures to see what he could do. The GTO's are few and far between here in Northern California. What's the difference between regular lease and Smartbuy? Credit is exemplary. I used to sell Acuras and Toyotas and leased several vehicles before. Don't really care if I EVER own the car. Can you just walk away at the end of three years or is there a buyout or penalty?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I think you should re-think the 2004 option. I bought a Yellow 6M 2004 on Black Friday last year and I only pay $530.34 per month, no money down, with an extended warantee for 5 years and 60,000 miles and gap insurance. I know you want to be able to walk away from the car, but if you mod it and race it you may have trouble giving it back at lease end. The deals out there to buy the car are so good, you can own a 2004 and mod the heck out of it with no worries. The only way I would consider a lease is if the payment were much less than the purchase price per month, and here you are paying more to lease a 2005 than I pay to own a 2004. I know the 50 HP and big brakes are nice, but I can do better big brakes with stainless lines for $1495 on ebay and 50 HP is easy. Frankly I don't race, but I find my 2004 is fast enough to scare me, and it stops just fine the way it is, I know you racers need every last HP.

I just wanted to comment because I am not used to seeing a lease payment be so high.

Good luck, whatever you choose to do, this is a great car, and the 2005 is obviously just more of a good thing !!

Brooks.

·
Registered
386 Posts
superdave01 said:
Leasing a car to only drive on the weekends is bad. Modding a leased car is worse. Racing a least car is rediculous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.