Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got run down buy a cobra yesterday the guy has been wanting to run. I am the new car around town right now. We took off from 1st rolling and went through 3rd before traffic forced us to let off. I was worried through first and part of second( wheel spin im sure) but by third I had about half a car. We are going to run again on a more private road soon. I will let yall know how that turns out. Neither car is stock both probably around 500hp

·
Registered
670 Posts
I got run down buy a cobra yesterday the guy has been wanting to run. I am the new car around town right now. We took off from 1st rolling and went through 3rd before traffic forced us to let off. I was worried through first and part of second( wheel spin im sure) but by third I had about half a car. We are going to run again on a more private road soon. I will let yall know how that turns out. Neither car is stock both probably around 500hp
What are your mods?Stock for stock the Cobra wins all day long unless he's a poor driver.

I ran across one today,had term8ter on it's plate.........I didn't get a chance to run him.Even though I'd know I'd lose I still want to have a go at one.

In a month or 2 the playing field will be a bit more even.:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mods

I have a compcam 598/612, headers, offroad mid pipe, maganaflows, volant CAI, hurst shirter, two stage cold fusion set up. Cobra has pulleys, full exhaust, CAI, and nitrous. Run was without nitrous on either car. My tank is leaking so I got to get new valve.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have a compcam 598/612, headers, offroad mid pipe, maganaflows, volant CAI, hurst shirter, two stage cold fusion set up. Cobra has pulleys, full exhaust, CAI, and nitrous. Run was without nitrous on either car. My tank is leaking so I got to get new valve.
Now that's a race I'd love to see!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rematch

It turned out that I know the guy so we are definitely going to run. He wants to install a new clutch and I am fixing the nitrous and getting something stickier for the rears. I will post the outcome

·
Registered
670 Posts
It turned out that I know the guy so we are definitely going to run. He wants to install a new clutch and I am fixing the nitrous and getting something stickier for the rears. I will post the outcome
Please do,anyway of taking a vid of it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
experience

I have to admit he is a better driver than I am right now. That will probably be what will bite me. I havent had a car like this in 8 years and no manual tranny in about 3.

Have any of you ever raced on of these cars they sound awsome. It really sounded like it was going to suck the door off my car that supercharger sound wild

·
Registered
380 Posts
One of my best friends had an 04 Terminator as well dynoed at 458hp at the wheels with 468 torque. That sounded very cool with straight pipes connected to 3 inch Flowmaster Delta Force mufflers and no cats. I never raced him when I first got my car cause it was completely stock and wouldn't have put up a race. I did drive it and it was quick. Charger sounds cool once it starts to kick in

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I don't know if Patisi is still a member here, but he had an 03/04 Cobra and and 05 GTO. He would race with his brother driving one and him driving the other. Then they would switch off. Everytime it was the same outcome the GTO won.

I ran several stock, and stock being the key word, Cobras with my GTO. I think it was 2 wins for the GTO and one for the Cobra.

Cobras are definately cars to be taken seriously. For less than a grand they run low 12's. From a roll they are even more difficult to beat unless it's a hot day. They hate heat even more than the LS2.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My explorer was having some problems one day so I was driving a good friend of mines civic. A cobra somehow must have spied the intercooler (it is painted black and hidden pretty well) but he started toying with me. Well let's just say that was one hell of a race, and the little civic barely pulled out the victory. (luckily it was from a roll) We saw him at the track the next month, and i had told my buddy who owns the car, so they ended up lining up, (it was a slicks-only night) The civic ran a 11.6xx and the cobra was less than a tenth behind him. I was truely impressed with that stang.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Don't the 03/04 Cobras have 390hp stock? That is at the crank,correct?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I hear that the terminators were underrated from the factory. However, based on the specs, they are very similar: slightly less hp than an '05+ gto, but also slightly lighter.

I raced and beat a terminator vert on a freeway roll from around 70-120+ by more than a few car lengths. The GTO does have a much better drag coefficent than a vert terminator, and I am sure that factored into the equation in our race.

Gary

·
Registered
380 Posts
Don't the 03/04 Cobras have 390hp stock? That is at the crank,correct?
They are underrated since I've read from several sources that they produce up to 430 hp at the crank but heat is their worst enemy. Even though they are beatable, you gotta respect them unless its some kid driving it

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
They are underrated since I've read from several sources that they produce up to 430 hp at the crank but heat is their worst enemy. Even though they are beatable, you gotta respect them unless its some kid driving it
Haha,

These cars are dangerous because like mentioned, you cannot predict what your up against. A couple of pulley mods, some DR's and you've already got a viscous street car.

·
Registered
670 Posts
What are the minimum mods that can be done to the 05/06 GTO to put it over the top of a stock Termi?

·
Registered
670 Posts
CAI...maybe exhaust, and a good tune.
I always thought a CAI was waste of money because you don't really see any gains from it.Unless I am way off with that assumption?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts