Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time posting but have visited many times and have gotten a lot of good information already.....thanks. I have decided to buy a GTO and have found a good deal on a used 2004. Before I actually go ahead and make the purchase, I thought that I would at least take a look at leasing a 2005. There seems to be quite a few around. Here are my questions: Do all incentives apply to leases? What about GM card money? Does anyone know what the current residuals are on 2005's?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
My 04 was a lease(was the only way to get into the car) As soon as I could I put some money down and bought out the lease and financed the car for purchase, while interest rates were low. BUY THE 04! You will save A TON of money in the long run.:cool

·
Registered
105 Posts
Lease = Toyota, Honda, Buick, Kia..........

Never Lease = Performance Cars, i.e. GTO, Corvette, GT..........terrible residuals, they KILL you on the back end. They have it built in that when you are done with it, it will be wore out. If you want to buy it at the end of term, you'll be looking at $20,000 at least. If you can't afford to finance a SALE, then save up for it. Don't pay double for a $30,000 car with mileage restrictions.

just my 2 cents....:cheers

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
'04 - '05, significant changes; hood scoops, better brakes, and not the least LS2 engine. '05 - 06 less change, darkened tail lights, electric lock switch, lighted radio controls on steering wheel.

I would at least look into the '05 unless you are around 17K on an '04.

·
Registered
850 Posts
If you are going to lease a GTO, lease a 2006 thru GMAC....2005 residuals are terrible and you can't lease it through GMAC with out your payment being higher then on a purchase....at least that's the way it is in FL....you may want to check it out through a dealer in your state....

·
Registered
71 Posts
PHOTOGOAT said:
Lease = Toyota, Honda, Buick, Kia..........

Never Lease = Performance Cars, i.e. GTO, Corvette, GT..........terrible residuals, they KILL you on the back end. They have it built in that when you are done with it, it will be wore out. If you want to buy it at the end of term, you'll be looking at $20,000 at least. If you can't afford to finance a SALE, then save up for it. Don't pay double for a $30,000 car with mileage restrictions.

just my 2 cents....:cheers
Actually a high residual on a performance car is a good thing because it lowers the monthly payment. Now, I lease every three years, but have no intention of purchasing the car after the lease. If you think you may want to purchase at the end of your lease, don't lease, finance it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.