Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So This Guy At Work Has A 2005 Mercedes Sl55 And Wants To Race Do I Have A Chance? He Had To Say That Its A 140k Car And Really Fast.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My Boss has one, out of the hole it was a pretty decent run with me edging him slightly but after we hit around 80. He made the goat turn into a hyundai and started to pull on me like it was a joke. What do you expect from a sick german machine. :cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
My brother had one if it is the AMG which I am pretty sure they all are its about 90hp more than you but about 500lbs heavier its a drivers race. I never got to race my brother in his AMG with my goat but I drove it and it felt very comparible in speed. They have a claimed 0-60 of 4.5 so this is almost dead even race. Keep in mind its probably and automatic so if you slip at all you probably won't win. Anyway go for it man no shame in losing especially to a car that cost over $100,000 more than yours.:D

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I'm not sure about the SL55. I do know the E55 AMG is extremely fast. They run low 12's and high 11's at the strip and can work their way around a road course as fast as my C6 and faster than a 911 Turbo.

Anything with an AMG badge is lethal. Fear it and remember it's almost 5 times the cost of a GTO. If you lose, so what.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks For The Information I Think I Going To Give It A Try.He Also Says To Race His Brothers 2005 Lamborghini Gallardo But Ill Wait Till I Put Some Mods.

Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
Race Him And be Sure To Put Every Word In Capital Letters When You Talk To Him.

·
Registered
377 Posts
A CTS-V owner claims he's ran them pretty even. C&D ran a 13.0 @ 110mph so it's going to be fairly close but edge to the SL55.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A CTS-V owner claims he's ran them pretty even. C&D ran a 13.0 @ 110mph so it's going to be fairly close but edge to the SL55.
I've seen times of around 12.6 for the sl55 amg's. My brother-in-law had one a couple of years ago and it was fast. I'd think he would walk a stock GTO pretty easily. Now...if you can get a cam before you run him, it'd be different. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not sure about the SL55. I do know the E55 AMG is extremely fast. They run low 12's and high 11's at the strip and can work their way around a road course as fast as my C6 and faster than a 911 Turbo.

Anything with an AMG badge is lethal. Fear it and remember it's almost 5 times the cost of a GTO. If you lose, so what.
e55's could handle that well? i always thought the e55's handling was the most complained about feature on the car, hence the improvement on the e63's handling?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts