Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the expected release date for the '05?

I am definantly going to be purchasing one and just wanted to know when I could start bothering my local sales rep.

BTW here are my impressions of the '04 that I posted on another board:

VROOOOOOOOOOOM!

Bottom line up front: Fast as hell, plain exterior, executive interior.

This car gets its design elements from the European market, interior looks very much like a BMW's.

Here is my dilemma:

The current 2004 model is 350HP & 365TQ, has dual exhaust that exits out one side of the car, and 17" non-chrome wheels.

The 2005 model will be rumoured to have 400HP & 400TQ, dual exhaust dual exit, 18" chrome wheels, hood w/scoop, and only cost about 1G more.

The MSRP for the GTO is about 32G (33G for '05), the current GTO is being offered with massive rebates because it isn't selling very well, so I can get it for 28G.

Question is, should I wait to get an '05 with more aggressive styling and performance or go for the '04 and save about 4-5G?

BTW I like the European like look of the car, and this car has a superior interior to any other US car out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was in the same boat as you, wanted to wait for the 2005, but could get a great deal on an 04 now. Well, 3 days ago I bought the 04. I could not see paying $5000 more for the 2005. The way I see it, if I took $5000 and put it into the engine, then I will have a faster car anyway. Plus I wanted one now. Anyway, I am definitly happy with ONLY 350 Hp and 365 Tq. I got mine for $28200, black on black. Life is good.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can order an 05' right now if you can live without the 18" wheels. Production starts mid September, with the first arrivals into the US planned for December. The wheel package should be available for order mid September.
I am going to try and place my order again on Sept. 1st just to see what happens. When the order is accepted with the 18" wheels, I will put up a post and let you guys know.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Does Anybody Have Any Pictures Of The 18" Wheels? I Have An 04 And The Wheels Are Just Too Plain. I'm Hoping The 18" Wheels Will Be Chrome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, but where are you guys placing these orders?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am the parts manager at a Pontiac/GMC dealer, so I am just dealing directly with our sales manager, but any Pontiac dealer can order the 05' right now.
The 18" wheels are painted just like the 17"s but have a flatter, non sculpted spoke. There is a picture here on one of our own threads about the Vauxhall version of the Monaro. The wheels on that car look identical to the GTO's 18"s.
I was fortunate enough to get my hands on the 05' Pontiac sales training book and DVD a few weeks ago. It has a 25 minute long section on the 05's performance and features. That particular car had the 17"s, but There were some closeups of the new wheel. They really would look nice with a polish or chrome job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts